If there’s one thing I can’t miss for a day beside the morning and pre-bed phone calls from Mr. Boyfriend, it’s TV and I mean my beloved cable.
I’ve kinda given up on local TV for quite some time now. The only things I watch on local TV are news (and put METRO TV on that, please) and that funny funny game show “Hole In The Wall”. I’ve given up on the rest, well of course I’ll make an exception whenever Ms. Laura is on-screen, giving Indonesians a lesson on how to pronounce English words the right way. She’s far more entertaining than Anton Hilman, Nisrina Nur Ubay or any “English” teachers ever aired in Indonesian television.
And that is why I am thankful for cable TV. Star World, Discovery Travel and Living, AXN, Star Movies, HBO, Cinemax… and I just have to get a dosage of E! News everyday. Sure I watch CNN when something really big is going on, like that shooting thing in Illinois, or when Benazir Bhutto was shot, or FOX News when I want to know where Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama is now, and yes I also watch Nat Geo and Discovery Channel (when there are only stupid wrestling shows on Star World, crappy countdowns on E!, so-called box office movies -which I am so certain never was a box office- on Star Movies and HBO, that old dude Floyd on Travel and Living and some C-movie on Cinemax). As for Animal Planet, I only watch it whenever there’s no snake in sight and penguins are everywhere!
Anyway, I just feel like noting down some of the shows I’ve been watching recently along with some comments.
1. The Amazing Race Asia – It’s clear why I watched it, because I simply love it.
2. American Idol – Uh huh, because I love Simon Cowell.
3. Grey’s Anatomy – I never watched it so intently and I think the girl who plays Meredith has such a depressed face, but the story development in the last three weeks made me crave for more. And I’m just gonna ignore that Dr. Yang’s horse-face, because she’s a good character. Been surfing through some websites and it’s said everywhere that Dr. Yang won’t marry Dr. Burke. Yeh, kinda guessed it because she just doesn’t look like she wants to marry him.
4. Boston Legal – Now this is the one drama I never watch regularly, but every time I do it cracks me up. Long gone are the days of L.A. Law because that dude from Star Trek is a lawyer now and Jimmy Smits can’t beat him. Ol’ Jimmy should just stay in NYPD, being blue, than play lawyers. Oh and I love the reincarnation of Murphy Brown by Candice Bergen.
5. Last Comic Standing – The jokes are funny, but the reality show amazingly SUCKS. What will happen if a bunch of comics stay in on house? I guess the answer is pretty obvious: a terrible show. But then I still like that cowboy’s joke about who first found out that eggs are edible.
6. Forbes top 100 Richest People in Television – It’s a known fact that Oprah will always be number one. So who cares anymore?
7. Little Child Actors All Grown Up – Bo-ring.
8. Kimora Life in The Fab Lane – probably the most entertaining show to watch how a demanding bitch live her fabulous life. I wanna be like her. HAHA!
9. Jamie’s School Kitchen – Well, essentially it’s Jamie Oliver and whether you put him in a school kitchen, a soup kitchen, a posh restaurants’ kitchen or some crappy barbecue party, he’s still Jamie who we, women, will always adore. Who knew that lisps could be so sexy?
10. Nigella Feasts – I absolutely LOVE her. Pretty, soothing voice, not ashamed to eat and has a curvy (read: not thin) body that shows her love for food! And mark my words, I always drool whenever she cooks something. Even the desserts, bearing in mind that I’m never too crazy about desserts and sweets.
11. The Office -I just can’t wait for the next season. Seriously. I want Pam and Jim to hook up real bad.
13. The Bold and The Beautiful – Now I don’t normally watch this soap, but it was only a few days ago when I caught a glimpse of Constantin Maroulis acting as a singer in it. Can somebody confirm that this is true because right now I’m too drowsy to browse.
14. L.A. Ink – I love tattoo shows as they make me want to get a tattoo. But I can’t think of the pain. It must be horrible. Lemme check with Kat Von D.
Man, there’s a lot more shows I’d like to comment on, but my eyes -thanks to that 45 minutes on cross trainer- is way too heavy right now, so I’m gonna sleep.
Don’t go away now, we’ll be back right after thizzzz…